Wednesday, April 3, 2013

English Assignment for April 3, 2013

Welcome back sixth graders! I hope you had a great spring break. In this box, tell me a little bit (2 or more sentences) about what you did over break...

Next, read on about today's lesson. Learning targets are helpful tools to help you understand what your purpose is during a class lesson. Today's learning targets are:

  • I will be able to get the gist of "The Making of a Scientist."
  • I will be able to indentify unfamiliar vocabulary in "The Making of a Scientist."
  • I will be able to collaborate effectively with my peers.

Next, read "The Making of a Scientist".  Your purpose for this first reading is to write a gist statement.


Last, you have a second purpose while reading this text: to identify and circle unfamiliar vocabulary. It is important to notice complex words and determine their meaning because these words will often show up in other difficult texts that you read. As you read this last time, circle all the words you don't know the meaning of.


If you finish all your work on this page, there's bonus questions about the passage available by clicking here. Each bonus question you complete (at a level 3 or 4) will earn you $50 LiveSchool.

ps.

look at this picture of my new niece, Lisa!


1 comment:

  1. nice baby looks like my new sister Emma

    ReplyDelete